William Little ca.1675-1714
William LITTLE of Liberton, previously RANKINE, ca.1675-1714
Liberton House, near Edinburgh, was constructed during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries by a succession of owners named William Little. On the death of the last William Little in 1686, the Liberton estate passed to his nephew, William Rankine, who assumed the name of Little.
Used an engraved bookplate:
Franks 18391 Little of Liberton, Esqr
The extent and disposition of his library is not known.