William Little ca.1675-1714

From Book Owners Online

William LITTLE of Liberton, previously RANKINE, ca.1675-1714

Biographical Note

Liberton House, near Edinburgh, was constructed during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries by a succession of owners named William Little. On the death of the last William Little in 1686, the Liberton estate passed to his nephew, William Rankine, who assumed the name of Little.


Used an engraved bookplate:

Franks 18391 Little of Liberton, Esqr

The extent and disposition of his library is not known.