Robert Cunyngham 1669-1743
Robert CUNYNGHAM 1669-1743
Born in Glengarnock, Ayrshire, a younger son of Richard Cunyngham (d. 1671) and Elizabeth Heriot (d. 1672), he had joined his brother as a planter in St Kitts in the West Indies by 1687. He is recorded as an officer in Duke of Bolton's Regiment of Foot in the 1690s.
Used two engraved bookplates:
- Franks 7608: Cunyngham, Robt., Esqr.
- Franks 7609: Cunyngham, Robt., Esqr. (A different plate)
The extent and disposition of his library is not known.
- Gambier Howe, E. R. J. Franks bequest: catalogue of British and American book plates bequeathed to the ... British Museum. London, 1903.
- Clan MacFarlane Genealogy
- Centre for the Study of the Legacies of British Slavery, UCL