Thomas Addams 1712-1785
Thomas ADDAMS or ADAMS 1712-1785
Son of Abraham Addams of London. MB Trinity College, Cambridge 1734, MD 1739; fellow of the Royal College of Physicians 1741, and several times censor of the College. He was physician to St Thomas's Hospital 1749-59 and presumably continued a career as a physician thereafter (he was buried in Reading).
Addams used an engraved armorial bookplate, on which he described himself as a fellow of the College (Franks 174). The extent of his library is not known; his will, in which he left the residue of his estate to his daughter Rebecca, has no mention of books.
- Will of Thomas Addams, the National Archives PROB 11/1129/243.
- Thomas Addams, Royal College of Physicians.
- Gambier Howe, E. R. J. Franks bequest: catalogue of British and American book plates bequeathed to the ... British Museum. London, 1903-4.
- Venn, J. and J. A., Alumni Cantabrigienses, Cambridge, 1922.
- Charmaine Zoe's photostream, Flickr.