Thomas James ca.1640-1709/10
From Book Owners Online
Thomas JAMES ca.1640–1709/10
In his will, proved 9 May 1710, James left his personal library for the good of the public. His widow and executrix Elinor donated these books, some 3,000 volumes, to Sion College Library in 1711.
- McDowell, Paula. "James (née Banckes), Elinor (1644/5–1719), printer and polemicist." Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
- McDowell, P. (ed.), The early modern Englishwoman, essential works: Elinor James. London, 2017.
- Will of Thomas James, The National Archives PROB 11/515/162.
- Sion College Library Book of Benefactors, Lambeth Palace Library Sion L40.2/E64.
- Information from Rosalind Johnson.